If you took the GED® test in Virginia on paper or on computer:
- As of January 1, 2014, DOE is no longer able to provide transcripts and certificates. Transcripts must be requested online.
- Go to the GED Credentialing™ Website to order duplicate transcripts or official Virginia GED® certificates (either paper or digital copies). The cost is $15 per item ordered.
If you took the GED® test in Virginia while in the military:
After July 1, 1974:
- Go to the GED Credentialing™ Website to order duplicate transcripts or an official GED® certificate issued from the District of Columbia (DC).
Before July 1, 1974:
- Contact the address below for information about your records. There is a $30 fee per transcript, payable by credit card, cashier’s check, or money order only, which will be returned to you if no records are found.
- USAFI/GED® Transcript Order Form
Mail completed form to:
PROMETRIC, ATTN: DSST/CLEP TRANSCRIPTS
7941 CORPORATE DR, NOTTINGHAM MD 21236
Phone: (877) 471-9860
Fax: (651) 603-3008
If you took the GED® test in Virginia at a a state correctional facility or at a Federal Bureau of Prisons facility:
- Go to the GED Credentialing™ Website to order duplicate transcripts or official Virginia GED® certificates.
If you are a state corrections facility and need to verify that an inmate has taken the GED® test:
- Fax a "Consent for Release of Information" form to 804-530-4517.
- If you have any questions about how to obtain a copy of your GED® credentials, please contact either the Office of Adult Education & Literacy at 804-786-7644, 804-225-3999, GEDINFO@doe.virginia.gov, or the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center’s toll-free GED® helpline at 1-877-37-MY-GED (1-877-376-9433).